Some software history

The history of my Bible software covers some pretty wide territory, and it goes hand in hand with my changing computer usage. Up until spring of 2010, I was a dedicated PC user. I began to use Logos Bible Software a few years after I began seminary, around 1994 or 1995. At that point it was still version 1.0 (if I remember correctly). I was not a heavy user by any means, but I did use it somewhat for reference tools and comparing different Bible versions. Later in my Masters program I began to use Accordance around version 3. I scrounged around and found an old Macintosh Quadra to run it on, and when I moved to a laptop I ran it by using the Basilisk 68k Macintosh emulator. (Those were fun times! Talk about kludging something together.) Even so, I was not a heavy user and used the program primarily for concordance searches, but in order to complete my doctoral dissertation I did purchase some texts on Accordance I could not get elsewhere. I began to be a much heavier user when I started with BibleWorks 6 around 2002. I fell in love with it. It did so much that Logos at that time did not do, plus it was fast and flexible. It was then that I really became a heavy Bible software user. For a number of years I was BibleWorks only, and somewhat of a BibleWorks evangelist. I became one of their regional certified trainers, something I still do on the side. I was a heavy user of BibleWorks through version 8. In the meanwhile Logos got to version 4, and when I switched to Mac in spring of 2010 I took the plunge and started working with the Mac version of Logos 4. I also revived my Accordance license and updated to version 7 and then quickly to version 8 (and since then to version 9). At present I run all three programs on my Macbook Pro: Accordance, the Mac version of Logos, and BibleWorks on Windows XP through Parallels Desktop. At present I use Logos the most for reading and reference, then Accordance and BibleWorks for in-depth digging in the text.